Shadowrun Sourcebooks allowed
As sourcebooks become available, there will no doubt be questions as to what is allowed and what is not. I would like this to be a group consensus.
When it comes to a home game, I usually allow all sourcebooks to be used without restriction, until a situation comes up that will throw everything out of whack.
So far, here is a list of sourcebooks currently available and my thoughts on them:
- Shadowrun 5 sourcebook: good to use, none of the optional rules are used at this moment, however, we can review them if there are ones we are interested in checking out.
- Run & Gun: good to use except for the clearly optional rules labeled RG.
- Street Grimoire: valid for use. Obviously, blood magic, toxic magic, and insect shamans are not permitted.
- Run Faster: good to use.
- Chrome Flesh: good to use.
- Data Trails: good to use.
- Rigger 5: good to use.
- Stolen Souls: looks like all the spells, adept powers, and gear are fine to use.
- Hard Targets: good to use.
- Lockdown: good to use.
- The Vladivostok Gauntlet: good to use (only two pieces of gear).
- Aetherology: good to use.
- Coyotes: there are no additional rules or gear. Please refrain from reading beyond page 24 as these are some interesting plot hooks.
- The Assassin’s Primer: good to use (only new qualities and one piece of gear).
- Gun H(e)aven 3: good to use.
- Sail Away Sweet Sister: good to use.
- Shadow Spells: good to use.
- SIF: SIoux Nation: good to use.
- SIF: Sioux Nation: Butte: good to use.
- SIF: Sioux Nation: San Francisco: good to use.
- Bullets and Bandages: looks like everything is valid for home game use
- Nothing Personal: good to use.
That’s it for now. As new books come out, we can address those.