2 Jul 2075 (Tuesday)
- Realizing they really need their face, Ruthless contacts Obnoxious Jones and tells him about the run their on. He comes to Lagos and meets them at the market. They discover how far their Naira actually go and purchase quite a few items they need (and some they may need in the future).
- The begin their search for Samriel and find no one matching his description has checked into any of the local hotels. OJ gets and idea to check out the evening activities where influential members of Lagos society may go. He finds a place called The Three Friends where local fixers apparently conduct business. There he finds two men, Hippo Kojoli (a very large and well connected fixer) and Uzochi Oluleye (an older human male, who is an elder amongst the Igbo). OJ decides Hippo is the better person to befriend. OJ easily makes acquaintances with the man and Hippo directs him to an antiquities dealer at the Leventis store named Kayin.
- Off they go back to the market and meet Kayin. He tells them he knows of this Samriel and that the elf is probably in town to go to the black market antiquities auction the Yoruba king is putting on this weekend. In fact, the king (Oni Adegoke) is holding a viewing of the items up for auction and Kayin might be able to get them in…if they perform a small service for him.
- Kayin asks them to just head into Surulere to retrieve and iron mask he would like to have. The team checks into this Surulere and discover 100% of the populace were wiped out during the VITAS outbreak and is thought to be haunted. The team makes it to the edge of Surulere and discover a rather high border has been erected made of garbage. They sneak into the district and almost make it to the house undetected. A young girl is sitting on the steps of the next door house crying and tells OJ she needs help finding her brother who is in the house. She fears for his life. OJ wants to just move on, but disembodied voices goad her (Priest). When it looks like the team is going to continue on past, dark figures come rushing out of the house and attack the concealed runners.
- The team is evenly matched and after the girl’s friends start getting hurt/knocked unconscious, she calls for a truce. She and OJ come to an agreement that she will allow them to get the mask if he delivers cadavers to the border on a specified date at a specified time. He agrees and they retrieve the mask and take it back to Kayin.
- True to his word, Kayin has arranged for them to take part in the viewing. OJ mentions to Kayin that he needs several Area Boys to pick up some items from the Surulere border on the specified date and time.
- The team returns to the hotel to get some rest before heading to the airport to catch a flight to the palace at Ife (about 186 km from Lagos).
- Realizing they really want their decker, rigger, and physical adept along, they place calls to each to see if they’re available.
- In reviewing the details of the arrangement with OJ, Ruthless realizes she forgot to mention that Jane will split the finder’s fee for the item (a sextant), which comes to about ¥50,000 for the party to split as they will.
Dusk, Part 2
Shopping in Lagos
2 Jul 2075 (Tuesday)